A Pretentiously Angst-Ridden Diary of Ephemera. Also, monkeys.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Day 8 and counting...

Have just worked my 8th day in a row. I'm assured this isn't normal, it's because one of my coworkers (who is like two normal people, workload-wise)is on vacation this week, but still. I'm tired. I feel like a bit of a wuss, since it hasn't been full time -- only 5 or 6 hours, depending on the day -- but I try and tell myself that working 5 or 6 hours making beds and hauling laundry and pushing vacuums is a hard thing to do. In any case, wuss or not, I'm going to need a day off soon. I've been promised Monday off, if not Tuesday as well, so I have hope.

It doesn't help, of course, that it's an absolutely gorgeous Victoria Day weekend (Happy Weekend, Victoria!) and my housemate's off camping and I'm all alone and I'm sure everyone else is outside enjoying the weather...but all I have enough energy to do is lounge about inside watching tv. Which is relaxing enough, but is kind of my mental equivalent of eating at McDonald's -- it smells and tastes wonderful when you're hungry, but then you just feel kind of sick afterwards.

So now I'm off to a bookstore to see if I can't cheer myself up by finding a used copy of The Book of Alternative Services for the Anglican Church.

Yes, I know I'm a weirdo.

Update: I did not find the book I was looking for (I'm going to have to give in soon and just steal one from a church, I think), but found a cure for my tired grumpiness in the bottom of a Tim Horton's Ice Capp. This may be the town of fancy gourmet coffee, but I just want the iced beverage that every other non-Vancouver Canadian drinks when it gets hot.

3 Comments:

Blogger annika fox said...

So did you find it?

8:04 AM

 
Blogger biku said...

You're going to *steal it* from a *church*? Isn't that somewhat... alternately moralled?

9:07 PM

 
Blogger bento said...

I haven't yet stolen the book from a church precisely because it's a bit too alternately moralled for me, but some part of me is swayed by the logic that God might appreciate me stealing and then using a book that's currently just collecting dust in church pews. I mean, some churches use them ... just not the one nearest me.

Perhaps I should start an "Alternately Moralled for Jesus" support group....

2:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home